Neon tee-shirts, rubber gloves, bags and pickers will be provided.
You are suggested to wear a long sleeved shirt, long pants, high socks and appropriate shoes.
For those who choose to provide the use of their golf cart … we will use the carts to transport volunteers to their starting points.
The carts will also be used to transport volunteers back to the Venetian entry after they have completed their assigned area.
Transport carts will only be driven on the sidewalk and will not be used during the cleanup.
Please reply to if you are able to join us for the September 20, 2021 cleanup.
Each residential unit in the City of Venice is allowed two, 20-yard collections of bulk yard waste per fiscal year. Yard waste should be in one pile, within 6 feet of the curb, and not under power lines or tree limbs.
The pile should not be spread out. Taller is better than wider. Limbs and branches in the pile should not exceed 10 feet in length.
Appointments for pickup should be made before the pile is placed curbside. Please call the City Public Works Department 941–486-2422 for an appointment.
Here is my post for the Wall of Something:
City of Venice solid waste collection update 4/6
The City of Venice is working hard to protect our community. Currently, all garbage, recycling and yard waste collection will continue as usual; however, we want to notify our residents of several important precautions which will begin on Monday, April 6:
· All residential garbage and recycling must be placed inside the correct automated cart for collection. For the safety of our staff, nothing placed outside of the cart will be collected at this time.
· If you have additional garbage or items that will not fit in the cart, please save it for your next regularly scheduled pickup day, or contact Public Works to schedule a bulk collection. Bulk garbage and bulk yard waste will continue to be collected and must be scheduled by contacting the Public Works office at 941–486-2422.
· City of Venice residents will continue to receive once weekly collection of prepared yard waste. You may use garbage cans, or bags (any color or type) to package your yard waste. Your yard waste may also be tied up in bundles as long as they are not longer than 4 feet and do not weigh more than 40lbs. As long as your yard waste is prepared in this way there is no limit to how many bags, cans or bundles you put out.
· Cardboard boxes should be broken down flat and placed into the blue recycling cart for collection. For cardboard that will not fit inside a recycling cart, public dumpsters for cardboard will be placed at the following two locations:
1. The Venice Community Center, 300 S. Nokomis Ave., within the southern parking area.
2. The intersection of Pinebrook Rd. and Lucaya Ave., to the east of Pinebrook Rd. near the croquet field entrance.
· If your collection should get missed for some reason, please contact the Public Works office and staff will schedule a return trip within 24 hours.
Please contact Public Works at 941–486-2422 for any other solid waste or recycling questions. We truly appreciate your cooperation and assistance during this challenging time.