Here is my post for the Wall of Something:
City of Venice solid waste collection update 4/6
The City of Venice is working hard to protect our community. Currently, all garbage, recycling and yard waste collection will continue as usual; however, we want to notify our residents of several important precautions which will begin on Monday, April 6:
· All residential garbage and recycling must be placed inside the correct automated cart for collection. For the safety of our staff, nothing placed outside of the cart will be collected at this time.
· If you have additional garbage or items that will not fit in the cart, please save it for your next regularly scheduled pickup day, or contact Public Works to schedule a bulk collection. Bulk garbage and bulk yard waste will continue to be collected and must be scheduled by contacting the Public Works office at 941–486-2422.
· City of Venice residents will continue to receive once weekly collection of prepared yard waste. You may use garbage cans, or bags (any color or type) to package your yard waste. Your yard waste may also be tied up in bundles as long as they are not longer than 4 feet and do not weigh more than 40lbs. As long as your yard waste is prepared in this way there is no limit to how many bags, cans or bundles you put out.
· Cardboard boxes should be broken down flat and placed into the blue recycling cart for collection. For cardboard that will not fit inside a recycling cart, public dumpsters for cardboard will be placed at the following two locations:
1. The Venice Community Center, 300 S. Nokomis Ave., within the southern parking area.
2. The intersection of Pinebrook Rd. and Lucaya Ave., to the east of Pinebrook Rd. near the croquet field entrance.
· If your collection should get missed for some reason, please contact the Public Works office and staff will schedule a return trip within 24 hours.
Please contact Public Works at 941–486-2422 for any other solid waste or recycling questions. We truly appreciate your cooperation and assistance during this challenging time.